24/04/2007

Introductions

Well I've finally got round to making myself known. I'm David Stamp and I currently live in Glasgow, hence the reason I couldn't go to the meeting on Sunday. I hope it was all very informative. As I haven't had any news from the meeting yet I'll assume you all don't know what I'm doing at the festival. I plan to locate a suitable hill in Trollhattan and build a makeshift pub on top it, I'm thinking they'll be skips to half-inch wood and tarp out of somewhere in Trollhattan (please correct me if I'm wrong). I plan to spend a week doing this. During the week I'll also advertise a race to the general public. The race will be a time trial beer barrel push from the foot of the hill to 'the pub'. The winner of the race will become the lord of the pub and reign over the drinking of the beer. I hope to hold the race on the first weekend (half way through the festival), Saturday or Sunday.

So as I'm a bit out of the loop up here and didn't go last year I'm asking for some local knowledge. First does anyone know of a brewery / pub I could approach to get 2 barrels of beer from (one empty, one full)? Does anyone know of a suitable site in Trollhattan I could possibly hold the race? I'm looking for a grass bank similar to Primose Hill (for all you London folk). I looked on Google Earth and it looks pretty hilly near the river. Lastly, what's the chances of getting hold of some scrap wood and tarp make a hut with? Anyone want to help build a hut with me?

I also, like a few others, am wondering when to travel to Sweden!?!

Other contributers can check out some of my past work at www.davidstamp.com. Feel free to email me through my website (don't want them nasty spammers to get me email address so I'm not going to give it here).

Cheers

David

No comments: